producing paper since 1795, and stood on the bank of the river
Dour opposite Mannerings Flour Mill at Buckland.
About 1846 it became a brewery known as Harding’s Wellington
Brewery, probably taking its name from the then Lord Warden
of the Cinque Ports, the Duke of Wellington.
The brewery was very close to the Buckland Brewery as can be
seen from the map.
The brewery ceased production in 1890 but the buildings, off
Lorne Road, were not demolished until 1962.
The rather poor quality photographs are taken from newspaper
reports of the final demolition in 1962.